Monkey Do


OK - so it's been awhile since I posted. I've got an active toddler. That's the only excuse I have, but I think it's a good one. Actually, I have an active, inquisitive, determined, willful toddler. Boy does he keep us on our toes! He learns so fast and he moves even quicker. He's learning shapes at school. So far he knows heart, diamond, and triangle. Colors are coming slower, but he gets them right about 30% of the time. He has an amazing memory and he talks almost non-stop. Most of the time we understand him, but sometimes it's still just a bunch of jibberish. He's clear enough when he wants something though. We're working on please and thank you, so at least he's polite about it. Also, he sings now. Not every word mind you, but about every other word. He loves Wheels on the Bus, If You're Happy and You Know It, and anything about trains.
He's more of a little boy now than a baby and I'm reminded of that almost everyday. Today for instance, when we got home, he came and asked me to help him take off his shirt and pants. Then he went to his room to put his clothes in the hamper. He was back there awhile and then I heard a weird crackly sound. So David went to check on him. The next thing I heard was, "Get out of there right now!" He was playing in the diaper genie. This was followed closely by, "Where's your diaper?" I got back there in time to see my completely naked child opening the diaper genie and reaching in to show Daddy where his diaper was.
Sunday night, I heard a very plaintive, "Help! Help!" coming from his room. I went back to find him wearing only a diaper, straddling the end rail on his crib (much like one would ride a horse) and hanging on for dear life. Seems he was unable to dismount.
See this is why I don't have time to blog
0 Responses